A customer called in last weekend and showed me a card she had made. She had gone to a class to do it. (It wasn’t a Stampin’ Up! class and I don’t know who the original creator is). I loved the idea of the card so I had to make one. I had a little time to play around with it the other day. I call it a POP UP EASEL CARD. I used Confetti Celebration on mine. I will show you the photos of the card (sorry, lots!) and then give you the instructions.
This is the front of the card. The Rhinestones you see is what holds up the Easel part. The balloons are suspended on strips of acetate in a folded crease.
This is another view front on. The Designer Series Paper is from the Playful Palette pack. The balloons are punched with the Balloon punch in Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo. I sponged around the edges with the sponge and added a small star that from the stamp set.
Side on view gives you an idea of the suspended balloons. I punched 2 each of the balloons and adhered one to the front and back of the strip of acetate to keep it tidy.
You can see the side view and inside of the card with the sentiment that I will show you below.
The card can fold flat for postage.
When it is folded flat it is a square card measuring approximately 15cm x 15cm (6″ x 6″) so you would need to make an envelope to fit but that is no problem with the Envelope Punch Board!
This is inside of the card. I continued with the sentiments from the Confetti Celebration set.
You can see when it is open that the balloons can fold flat against it. This is a trick too. Whatever image or shape you have suspended in the front crease, you need to fold it against the inside of the card to test it out first before you put it together to be sure that it will fit below the score line for when it is folded flat. You can’t have it squashed in.🙂 Check the photo below to see what I mean. The balloons sit just below the score line.
Now I will tell you how to make your own.
POP UP EASEL CARD
NB: I have included metric and imperial measurements. For those following the Imperial measurements can you please just check these. Maybe do a test run first. I am just concerned with all the “16th” measurements if they are correct. :)
What you will need:
Cardstock for base 14.8cm x 29.8cm (5 7/8″ x 11 3/4″).
Designer Series Paper 14.4cm x 7.6cm (5 7/8″ x 3″)
Whisper White card (inside piece) 14.4cm x 6.6cm (5 7/8″ x 2 3/4″)
Scrap card for your suspended images (Of your choice. I have chosen balloons for this one).
Acetate strips 1 cm x 4-5cm (1/4″ x 1 1/2″-2″) You will trim these as you make the card depending on where you want your images to sit.
To construct your Easel:
1. On the long side score your card at 2cm, 3cm, 4cm, 5cm, 6cm, 13.8cm and 21.6cm.
(3/4″, 1 3/16″, 1 9/16″, 2″, 2 3/8″, 5 7/16″ and 8 1/2″) – Please check the measurements.
2. Fold on all the score lines starting as I have shown in the photo in a concertina fashion creating a “M” shape at the beginning and then after folding it as a Valley fold on the next 2 score lines. (ie folding it up towards you). I haven’t shown those folded in this photo.
3. On the back of the card, place adhesive behind each side of “peak” that is formed. in the “M”. Adhere these together. Check the photo below. (sorry if it is a little unclear). This is it turned back to the correct side of the card. It now becomes more a “V” shape which will be your crease for your acetate strips.
4. After you have stamped and punched your images adhere them to the acetate strips. I used Fast Fuse to adhere them but you could use glue dots or other tape. I punched 2 balloons so adhered one to the back and one to the front of the acetate strip. Check the length of the acetate strip with the image to see if it is the right length BEFORE you adhere them in.🙂 Trim the strip if necessary remembering you want to make sure they fit below the score line as I described above.
Place your adhesive (Fast Fuse or tape) along one edge inside the crease and adhere the acetate strips in place. Once in place then adhere the crease together. See the photo below.
5. Now you can create the front and the inside as you like. I adhered the Designer Series Paper piece on the front. The Whisper White piece I stamped and adhered inside.
I hope you can follow this. Perhaps I need to start making videos.🙂 If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask me.