I have had these here waiting to show you for a while. I was really pleased with the idea. I was inspired for this idea from Marnie. She made these cute party favours with sticks. I thought instead of sticks I would try pencils.
I have used the skulls from ‘Just Jawing’. I have put together a tutorial to show you how they are done.
1. Stamp the skull in Basic Black on cardstock. I used Pink Passion and Real Red for my 2 skull pencils. Cut around the stamped image. Cut 2 squares from Whisper White Cardstock measuring 6cm.
From one square punch a circle using the 1 3/4″ circle punch. From the other square punch a circle using the 1 1/4″ circle punch. To make sure these were centred I first punched circles from scrap card and traced around these on the cardstock.
Round all the corners of both squares. Punch a circle from the centre of the skull. To ensure this would be centred on the skull I traced lightly around the scrap 1 3/4″ circle in pencil and then I could line up the punch. I stamped the text on a strip of Whisper White card and then used the 1 1/4″square punch to create the flag notches.
2. Remove the adhesive from the treat cup and centre this over the white square with the smaller circle. Adhere the skull to the other square.
3. Fill the cup with your treats. Adhere these 2 pieces together with Snail Adhesive or Sticky Strip. Use the punched out circle from the 1 3/4″ circle and adhere this over the hole.
4. I placed a piece of Sticky Strip onto the end of the pencil and adhered this to the back of the skull. Rub over the pencil several times to ensure that it is secure. It should hold quite well though.
5. I cut out the eyes from the skull and added some 2 way glue and Dazzling Diamonds and placed this on top. For the red ones I punched out 2 small stars from the Real Red card. I added some eyes with a black marker and then added dots with a white gel pen. I adhered the text banner with some sticky strip.
Wouldn’t these make great favours for a kid’s Birthday Party or for a craft stall? What do you think? If you don’t have the skull you could try flowers or something else.
Hope you’re enjoying your New Years Break. I will be back soon with some more catch-up projects. 🙂