Last post I showed you a Take-Out Box I had created. I have now put together a tutorial for you. This is created with the Petal Cone Die on the Big Shot. I hope it is clear enough for you.
1. Cut 2 Petal Cone Die pieces. You would need to do these one at a time so it doesn’t cut the score line rather than score it.
2. Place ONE of the pieces in your cutter. Place the score line at the circle end at the 7.5cm (3″) mark. The score line must run Vertical in the cutter. (This is really important). Have the point of the tab resting against the grid at the top. Check the photo for correct placement. I hope this is clear enough. Once in position cut the card piece. Do this with both pieces.
3. Move the piece along the cutter to the 5cm (2″) mark. Have the score line running vertical again at this mark. Have the point of the tab running up against the grid on the cutter. See the photo again for placement. Now score the card piece. I use my bone folder some people have the scoring blade on the cutter.
4. Now you have your pieces cut. Cut up the score line at the bottom to the score line and also cut off the small rectangle at the bottom of the side tab. (Does that make sense??). Now your pieces are ready. Place Sticky Strip along one tab at the side and attach the 2 pieces to have one long length. (Sorry missed a photo of this step). Stamp your pieces at this point before assembling.
5. Assemble your box together now. Add Sticky Strip to the other tab and adhere the box together. On the bottom of the box fold in 2 opposite tabs. Then place Sticky Strip to the very top edge of one of the other tabs and adhere these 2 tabs together.
6. To fold up the top I interlocked each of the curved edges like this shown in the photo. If you want to add a wire handle like the sample I did in the previous post then you can punch two holes in either side of the box with the Crop-A-Dile. Then I curved a piece of wire and pushed it through. This is optional to add the wire.
7. Now you can dress it up how you like. On this version I added some Very Vanilla Satin ribbon and a tag using the Triple Layer Doily Punch.
The ideas are endless as to how you can create your box, let alone all the goodies you can fill in it. 🙂
I hope you enjoy creating your own. Thanks for looking.