You have probably seen the Chalkboard Technique around Blogland by now haven’t you??? I have been wanting to have a go at this technique but hadn’t got around to it until a couple of weeks ago at our Team Meeting. The wonderful Vanessa Webb showed us this technique. I created the Chalkboard but didn’t assemble the card until a couple of days later. This Chalkboard Technique went a few steps further than most of the ones you might have seen around. I will share the details later but first here is the card. Just note this is my first attempt so it is a little scratchy. Ooh! Saying scratchy about chalkboard sends shivers down your spine!!!!!
1. Firstly rub your Black Cardstock with the Embossing Buddy. Stamp your greeting in Whisper White Ink onto the Black cardstock.
2. Pour over White Embossing Powder and heat emboss.
3. Stamp the greeting again in Whisper White and stamp just offset to the right of the greeting you have stamped already. Use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to help you line it up right. You don’t need to heat emboss this time.
4. Stamp images you wish to use in Whisper White and heat emboss with White Embossing Powder. You don’t need to re-stamp these ones.
5. Using coloured Pencils go over the images particularly where you had restamped on the greeting. This creates a block type print. (If you know what I mean!!). I added a bit of colour to the butterflies as well.
6. Using a tissue pick up some Whisper White ink and dab off on scrap paper then rub over in patches on the black card to create rub marks.
7. Optional step: I draw a line edge around the card in pencil and you probably can’t see it well but I outlined all my images with white pencil. It kind of creates a shadow.
8. Assemble your finished piece onto a contrasting colour card mat and card base.
This is a fun technique. If you didn’t want to do all the colouring. Just stamp in Whisper White and Emboss in White Embossing powder. Then rub the white ink over the card as I described in Step 6. I will have to try the simpler version now. Just add that to the list of projects to tick off!!!!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like this version of Chalkboard. Leave me a comment. It is nice to know you have been to visit.
Have a good day,