I have had this idea in my head for a little while and I thought I would have a go at it. I love the versatility of the Scallop Tag Topper Punch and thought it would be great to make a wrap for a card or similar. For this project I made a Gift Card Holder and I am going to show you how to make your own.
I guess I better show you the Gift Card Holder first.
This is a very simple project but it can really dress up your Gift Card Holders. Here is how you can make one. (Metric and Imperial measurements are shown).
Cut your card 16cm x 14.8cm (It is this measurement so you can get 2 per sheet of A4 card if you like). Score along the 16cm side at 8cm. Score along the other edge at 12cm.
For the card front: card piece measures 7.6cm x 11.6cm and DSP measures 7.2cm x 11.2cm. (I used the Fresh Prints Stack for these Gift Card Holders).
Strip for the Wrap: 19cm x 5cm. Score this at 7.3cm and 15.5cm.
Ribbon: 40cm length of ribbon.
Cut your card 6 1/2″ x 6″. Score on the 6 1/2″ side at 3 1/4″. On the other side, score at 4 3/4″.
For the card front: Card piece measures 4 1/2″ x 3 1/8″ and DSP measures 4 1/4″ x 3″. (Just check these measurements for your own preference).
For the Wrap: 7 1/2″ x 2″. Score at 2 3/4″ and 6 1/8″.
Ribbon: 15″ length of ribbon.
1. Cut off the right hand lower tab off as shown in the photo.
2. Use the Corner Rounder Punch to punch the bottom right corner of the left tab. You can trim off a little snip on the left hand edge of the bottom tab too if you like if you find it shows a little when it is folded up. Add Sticky Strip to the left and right hand edge of this lower tab. Take off the backing and fold up to adhere together.
3. Adhere the card piece and DSP to the front of the Gift Card Holder.
4. Punch the end of the strip for your Wrap on the shortest end of the piece using the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. Wrap this around your Gift Card Holder and thread through the ribbon and tie off.
5. Before tying the Gift Card Holder up with ribbon you can adhere a piece of Whisper White card inside the Gift Card Holder to write on if you like. This is what I have done here.
You can make a number of these up in no time.
Hope these instructions make sense. Have fun creating them!