For today’s Wednesday’s WOW! #32 I wanted to show you how I created the sparkly rainbow effect on the card below.
I wish you could see how sparkly this really is. I have a close-up of the card below but it still doesn’t show it well but it may give you a little idea.
The Happy Birthday is from the One For All set that I have been sharing recently. I went for a rainbow effect by sponging on the colours and then adding some Versamark and Dazzling Diamonds and Heat and Stick. I have the step by step below.
Since the greeting is so bright and fun I kept the rest of the card simple. The paper is from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack using the Granny Apple Green and the Melon Mambo print. I was going to add a balloon but then decided on a Hot Air Balloon from the Lift Me Up set for something a little different. I added a Glitter Enamel Dot for a little sparkle.
CREATING A SPARKLY RAINBOW
I used the Stamparatus for this technique and I will tell you the advantages of this below.
1. Position your piece of card on your Stamparatus ready to stamp it. Place the stamp face down on your card in the position you would like it. Fold over the top plate of the Stamparatus to pick up the stamp.
2. TIP: Whenever you are inking your stamp on the plate it helps to place an inkpad or a clear block under the plate so the plate is relatively level.
For your card, select your ink colours you want to use and matching sponges or daubers. The colours I used were Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody. TIP: I have punched out tabs from cardstock for the ink colours using the Pretty Label Punch. I stapled the tab on to the sponge. You can see it in the photo below. This way you won’t mix up colours when you are sponging.
3. Fold over your plate and press the stamp on to your cardstock. Rub over the plate on the back of the stamp to transfer the ink. NOW – because I had the Stamparatus, firstly I knew it would be straight BUT I could re-sponge over any spots that didn’t come out well on your stamped image and I could stamp it again.
What I did find also when I first stamped it I had a little too much yellow on the right hand end so I went back and sponged the Mango Melody just on the end. I knew it was going to turn out in the right spot when I stamped again thanks to the Stamparatus. I think the extra colour made a big difference on the card too.
4. Now to emboss your piece. Firstly, wipe over your card with the Embossing Buddy. Clean your stamp with the shammy then pat your Versamark over your stamp.
5. Turn over your plate and press down onto your card. With the Stamparatus you know it will be in the right place. Rub over the back of your stamp.
6. Remove your card from the Stamparatus. Sprinkle over the Dazzling Diamonds and Heat and Stick Powder. I have mine mixed together already in a small tub with 1/2 Dazzling Diamonds, 1/2 Heat and Stick. It is so much easier having them combined together. Heat the powder with the Heat Tool. Your sentiment should be all sparkly. 🙂
Hope you can make some sparkly sentiments or even images. Sparkly flowers might look nice.
Thanks for visiting. I hope you like these Wednesday’s WOW! segments. I have fun bringing them to you and hope they inspire you in your stamping. Let me know if there is something particular you would like to know about.