Back with Wednesday’s WOW! For the year. You might hear people talking about different types of crafters but what does all that mean – and what type of crafter are you? Today’s Wednesday’s WOW! #92 – Looking at the different types of crafter, or you might here them being referred to as customer types.
As part of my presentation at Onstage in November I needed to talk about the different crafters and make samples to suit. So this is a good time to share some of the cards I made using the Best Dressed Suite for these different crafters.
The different Crafter Types are Beginner, Casual and Avid. You can see the 3 cards below.
A BEGINNER CRAFTER:
– New to stamping
– Needs guidance with where to start
– Needs a good experience and sense of accomplishment
– Wants simple designs and easy to use products.
– Wants affordable products.
So the top card is suitable for a Beginner crafter. The Note Cards and Envelopes are affordable and easy to use. Just add some simple stamping on the card and the envelope is great to stamp on as well.
A CASUAL CRAFTER:
– Likes to be helped when crafting
– Crafts occasionally
– More likely to copy projects
– Likes simple designs
– Needs crafting to fit the time they have
– Has less funds available for supplies
– Likes multiple uses for products
The card above is still simple in design but uses a little more products. The paper adds an extra touch to the card but is still affordable. Limited tools are needed to make the card. By layering the lipstick this will add some dimension to the card. The lipstick is easy to fussy cut if the crafter doesn’t have a die-cutting machine.
AN AVID CRAFTER:
– Crafts daily to weekly
– Frequently creates projects from scratch
– Does like a casual experience occasionally
– Makes crafting part of their lifestyle
– Frequently buys and uses the products
– Buys more frequently than beginner and casual crafters
– “collects” products
– Likes specialised products
The above card is suitable for an Avid crafter. It has several layers adding dimension to the card. It uses a number of different products as in the dies and the papers and even a little Wink of Stella sparkle on the lipstick. An Avid crafter loves it all and wants it all. Do you know an avid crafter?? 😉
So what type of crafter are you?? Are you a “collector”of crafting products? do you stamp frequently?? I think I waver between a Casual and Avid stamper. I like projects to be quick and I have a simple style but I do create often and like to have some “tools”.
Hope you found this helpful or slightly interesting at least. Maybe it inspires you in some way. 🙂
How ever often you create or what style you create I hope you enjoy it and that you be sure you take time for you to create. It’s important for the soul.
Have a great day,