Today I am joining in on a Bloghop with lots of other demonstrators in Australia and New Zealand in the ESAD Facebook group. (ie Extra Special Australian and New Zealand Demonstrators. We are all special though!). We are focusing on Sale-A-Bration. You might be starting here or might have come from Melinda’s blog -> HERE. Either way, enjoy the fabulous creations along the way.
Firstly, what is ESAD. Let’s get that out of the way.
I am loving the gorgeous new Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper that has just become available for the second release for Sale-A-Bration last week. You have already heard me go on about it. 🙂 Anyway, I thought a CLASSY CLUTCH BAG AND CARD was in order with this gorgeous paper!!
What special gifts you could fill in this clutch bag. It’s a good size for chocolates, a small gift, makeup???? So many different gifts for a very special occasion. I will show you how to make the clutch bag further below.
Firstly, the card.
Really, you don’t need to do too much when you add this gorgeous paper to a card.
Firstly I wrapped some Gold Thread several times around the bottom section of the paper. Then adhered this piece to a Gold Foil mat and then adhered them both to a Thick Whisper White card base. The “celebrate” is cut from the Celebrate You Thinlits from Gold Foil. Another bonus choice for Sale-A-Bration. It is hard to tell but I stamped the “YOU” on to a small piece of Silver Foil in Black Stazon. I also added a small Vellum leaf under the “celebrate”. This is from the Eclectic Layers Thinlits set.
MAKE A CLUTCH BAG FOR A SPECIAL GIFT
I originally made this bag back in 2010. You can see that version -> HERE. I have been wanting to create it again for some time so this was a great opportunity.
This is the front view.
And we have the side view.
To make your clutch.
NB: Measurements are in Metric and Imperial. (please check the Imperial measurements in scrap card to check. It’s always a good idea to test run your projects beforehand anyway).
1. Cut a piece of the Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper (or other card of choice) to 19cm x 20cm (7 1/2″ x 7 7/8″). NB: Check the pattern of your piece is running the way you want it to. The 20cm side (7 7/8″) is the front/back.
Score on the 19cm (7 1/2″) side at 8cm and 11cm (3 3/8″ and 4 5/16″).
Score on the 20cm (7 7/8″) at 2.5cm and 17.5cm (1″ and 6 7/8″).
2. Cut up the tabs on the side to meet the score line. Fold on the score lines. Fold up to form a box and then you can see where to place your adhesive.
Add adhesive to your tabs. Fold up and adhere together in the box shape.
3. Create your handle. Cut a strip of the Gold foil for your measuring 3cm x 30.5cm (approximately 1 1/4″ x 12″). TIP: I ran this piece along the edge of the table a few times to help curl the card strip. Place adhesive on the ends of the strip and adhered this to the sides of the box.
4. Create your flap for you bag. From Gold Foil cut your piece 15cm x 10.5cm (6″ x 4 1/8″). Score on the 10.5cm side (4 1/8″ side) at 5.5cm and 8.5cm (2 3/16″ and 3 3/8″). Cut the front flap to a triangle if you like. To do this mark the edge of the Foil piece at 7.5cm (3″) which is the mid-point. Then cut from the point to the side of the card where the score line meets on both sides. See the photo to show how it would look.
5. Place adhesive on the inside edge of the narrow tab. Adhere this to the back of the bag.
6. I used magnets to hold the bag closed. Place a magnet on the underside of the front flap. Then line it up and place a magnet on the front. I would have preferred to have the magnet inside the bag and I tried several times but the magnets weren’t strong enough for the card thickness. Maybe your magnets would be better. 🙂
I hope you like this project. I can imagine it in so many different papers but this paper is just so gorgeous.
Thanks for hopping.
Now you are off to Lou’s blog -> HERE.
Here is a list of participants if you get lost.
Blog Hop Participant List
- Lou Kitzelman
- Sandra Mastello
- Courtenay Heuston
- Ellen Woodbridge
- Cheryl Algie
- Peta Stephen
- Nicole Wilson
- Maree McIntosh
- Kristel Rimmer
- Libby Dyson
- Leonie Schroder
- Jessie Holton
- Megan Lenske
- Delys Cram
- Rachael Lewsley
- Kim Oliver
- Sharon Dalton
- Melinda Whittington
- Jenny Hayward