Welcome to another Stamping Around The World Blog Hop. So nice to have you. You might have come from Margriet’s Blog or just starting Here. Welcome and enjoy the hop.
Today I am using the set Wildly Happy as that was the one I used in the Tutorials for this month.
I wanted to do something a little different with this set. I was thinking about this recently and was reminded that when you see pictures of elephants they are often in herds. I did a little research and read that they are very social especially the female of the species and will keep close together looking out for each other.
So I created a little herd of elephants with the little baby.
To create this I used the Masking Technique. I have explained it further below. The elephants were stamped on Thick Whisper White card and coloured with the Smoky Slate Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends and I also used the Petal Pink ones for the baby. The grass was with the Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends.
MASKING YOUR ELEPHANTS
A piece of Thick Whisper White. Cut the card using one of the larger Rectangles Stitched dies.
Note: I didn’t cut the card with the Rectangles Stitched Die until after I finished stamping and colouring the elephant so it is ok to leave it until then if you wish.
1. Firstly you will want to stamp your elephant on to a Sticky Note or you can use scrap paper with some removable adhesive. Cut around the outline of the image. For this card you will need to stamp 3 elephants in total on the Sticky Notes as you will use them all at one time in places.
2. Stamp your elephant and baby near the bottom right hand corner. Inking the stamp in Memento Ink. Place one of your cut out Sticky Note elephants over the top of the image. Ink up your stamp and stamp again just to the top left of the first one. You will want to line it up so you just have the larger elephant shown.
3. Ink and stamp another elephant to the top right of the first one. The baby one should be just off the edge of the card but that is ok.
4. Place 3 of the Sticky Note elephants over each of the stamped elephants.
5. Stamp another elephant in between the top 2 elephants. And one elephant to the left of the left Sticky Note elephant. Each time remember to line the elephant up to just stamp the adult one.
6. Move a Sticky Note to the last elephant stamped on the left and then ink and stamp another one to the left of this.
Once stamped you can then colour the elephants with the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends and colour the little baby one with Petal Pink. I found them very easy to colour. Using the Light Smoky Slate Blends colour the elephants completely. Then using the Dark Blends add lines over the printed lines (wrinkles) on the elephants.
To assemble the card, emboss the Smoky Slate card, 10.1cm x 14.4cm (5⅜” x 4⅛”) with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder and wrap around a length of the Petal Pink ribbon. Then adhere this to the Petal Pink Card base. Raise up the stamped card piece to the front.
Stamp the sentiment on Petal Pink card and cut with an oval die in the Stitched Shapes Dies. Then raise that up off the card with Dimensionals.
Enjoy making this card. Try the masking Technique with any stamped image.
Now continue the Blog Hop. This time you are off to Allie’s Blog. If you get lost the Roll Call list is below.
Roll Call List
Stefanie Pletscher (The Crafty Medic)
Sue Allen (Simply Craft)
Linda (Stampin by the Beach)
JoAnne (Luv 2 Create)
Alicia Yap (Paper Munchkin)
Amanda Gillmore (She Creates: By The Sea Shore)
Margriet Siekman (Creatief met Marsie)
Jenny Hayward (A Stamping Journey)
Alejandra Gomez (Creating with Allie)