The Christmastime is Here Suite has been with us all month. I have been so busy with projects for Onstage that I haven’t had near enough time with it. I have been using the papers particularly though.
Recently I made a tall gift box using the Christmastime is Here Specialty Designer Series Paper. I have had lots of lovely comments from class members when they see the box so thought you might like to see it yourself.
I love that this paper has the gold embossed outlines over one side of the paper. There are 3 different designs in the pack with some type of gold touches. It is gorgeous. AND I love that this paper could easily be used for any occasion not just Christmas.
Here is the box I made. Fill it with chocolates for a lovely friend, wrap around some of the gorgeous Gold ribbon and add a sentiment piece. What more do you need.
The sentiment is from the set A Big Thank You. The flowers were fussy cut from some of the paper.
Here is how to make your own Tall box.
CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE TALL BOX TUTORIAL
Cut card to 21cm x 21cm (8 ¼” x 8 ¼”)
Score on one side at 5cm and 19cm (2”, 7 ½”)
Turn and score on the other side at 5cm, 10cm, 15cm and 20cm.
(2”, 4”, 6”, 8”)
Card mats for the side: 4 each of 4.6cm x 13.6cm (1 7/8” x 5 3/8”)
Designer Series Paper: 4 each of 4.2cm x 13.2cm (1 ¾” x 5 ¼”)
Scraps for decorating.
1. Fold on all score lines.
2. On the long side cut up on the score lines to the score line that runs across. This creates your tabs to fold up. Cut up each tab on both the top of the card and the bottom. The smaller tabs will be the bottom of the box. The larger tabs will form the top of the box.
3. On the short side of the card cut on the 2 score lines that are on the very narrow tab. Cut off completely the top tab and the bottom tab so you only have a narrow tab section in the middle.
4. Adhere the paper pieces to the card mat pieces and adhere them all to the sides of the box. You can adhere them after the box is assembled but it is a little easier to do it first.
To assemble the box:
5. Fold the score lines to form a box shape. Place adhesive on the outside of the narrow side tab and adhere the box together. On the small tabs at the bottom place adhesive on the outside of 3 of the tabs and fold in adhering them together on top of each other. Fold the last unglued tab over the top.
6. The top flaps will fold in and will hold together with wrapping the ribbon around.
7. Decorate the box as you like.
Hope you make one of the boxes for yourself. They are very easy.
Not much time left to get any of the gorgeous Christmastime is Here products. Don’t miss out on this paper especially. 🙂
See the full Christmastime is Here Suite in my store -> HERE You can order there or contact me directly.
Thanks for visiting me,