Welcome to the 2015 ESAD Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop. You might be starting here or you have come from Leonie Schroder’s blog. Either way I hope you have a cuppa in hand and ready to take the journey to a number of blogs showcasing projects from the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Catalogues. Now before I share my project I must share with you what ‘ESAD’ is.
ESAD stands for “Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators” and is a facebook group just for Australian and New Zealand Independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrators.
We love what we do & love to share with our customers, friends and blog visitors. We also share what we love in our ESAD Demonstrator community, through swaps, challenges, sharing knowledge, ideas& friendship and we’re always there to help and support each other.
So if you are a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand then please feel free to leave me a comment with your email address then I’ll contact you with information on how to join our group.”
Now for my project. I chose to use the Butterfly Dies from the Occasions catalogue. I am sure you have seen many projects around using these dies and the matching stamp set ‘Butterfly Basics.
I wanted to create something a little different with these dies and stamp set. I found this Triangle Easel card in an older issue of Stamping and Papercraft Magazine but if you have a look on the internet you will see some different versions. Sometimes known as Twisted Easel card. I will show you how to create one below. I will also show you how I did the butterfly too.
TRIANGLE EASEL CARD
1. Cut your card 10.5cm x 21cm. (I have used Coastal Cabana). Score at 10.5cm. (4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ score at 4 1/4″). You can make these any size you like just see that the length is twice the width.
2. Score diagonally from the bottom right at the score line (ie on the left hand side section) to the top left of the card. Fold in on the centre score line and open it again. Then fold in on the angled score line. See the photo below.
You can decorate this as you like. Place something at the centre of the piece on the right which will anchor your folded triangle. You can see what I have done below. It could be a button or other embellishment or a label or punched image. I have used one of the ‘Something Borrowed’ Embellishments from the Occasions Catalogue.
Just to give you some dimensions for the pieces on this part of the card. The Whisper White piece measured 10.1cm x 10.1cm. (4 1/8″ x 4 1/8″). Cut your Designer Series Paper to 10.1cm x 10.1cm (4 1/8″ x 4 1/8″) and then cut it diagonally in half. I used the Butterfly Basics stamp set to decorate the card.
Here is a close-up.
Here is the front of the card as it would be to fold and send. (Maybe it needs more stamping at the back now that I see it like this. You could do that). You could make an envelope to fit using your Envelope Punch Board. 🙂
Now for the butterfly.
If you have a close look at the butterfly you can see it is shiny. I found this idea firstly on Barb’s blog HERE. I have used the Silver Foil sheets to cut the butterfly from. Once cut I then coloured the butterfly with Blendabilities (the Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight sets). You can colour parts randomly but leave some parts silver.
I hope you can make a Triangle/Twisted Easel card soon.
Thanks for visiting. Don’t forget to leave a comment as you visit each blog. It is nice to have the little encouragement. 🙂
Now to continue your Blog Hop you are off to Tamsin’s blog HERE. (Click “HERE” not the next blog button. Thanks.)
Here is a list of blogs for you to visit today if you get lost along the way.
1. Libby Dyson – http://www.libbystampz.com
2. Narelle Hoggard – http://www.handmadebynarelle.wordpress.com
3. Leonie Schroder – http://www.stamp-a-latte.com
4. Jenny Hayward – http://www.astampingjourney.wordpress.com
5. Tamsin Adams – http://tamsinadams.blogspot.com.au
6. Helen Williams – http://craftyhelen.blogspot.com
7. Pauline Bennetts – http://www.paulinebennetts.com/stampede
8. Monique Fielder – http://stamping-with-moni-q.blogspot.com.au
9. Nicole Wilson – http://nicolejuliewilson.blogspot.com/2015/02/esad-occasions-saleabration-2015-hop.html
10. Keryn Campbell – http://kerynscards.com
11. Clare Mcilhatton – http://www.crafty-cow.com
12. Ria Kaire – http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/qraftyqueen/blog
13. Kathryn Ruddick – http://www.katlodesigns.com/
14. Sally Williams – http://sallystampingdelights.blogspot.co.nz/
15. Tricia Raineri – http://www.thespeckledsparrow.blogspot.com.au
16. Nerida Carter – http://www.stampingjoy.blogspot.com
17. Mel Pagano – http://createwithmel.blogspot.com.au
18. Rachael Lewsley – http://www.mystampinhaven.com.au
19. Amity Knight – http://www.stampinamity.com.au/ESAD-blog-hop-project-life
20. Kelly Kent – http://mypapercraftjourney.com
21. Norelle Targato – http://rellspaperink.wordpress.com