Have you seen the new Stampin’ Up! Blending Brushes?? I have had mine for a couple of weeks but have just pulled them out this week. I have been having so much fun with them. How soft and delicate are the bristles!! They are lovely.
On yesterday’s Facebook Live I used the brushes on the card and shared some tips in using them.
The edited video is now on Youtube. I will add it below too. If you are receiving this blog post via email it might not show up so head to my blog or you can go to Youtube directly.
I will be sharing some more cards with the Blending Brushes very soon so watch out for them.
A couple of tips with using them though. You will want to treat them differently than the sponges or the Daubers.
- When picking up the ink from the inkpad you will want to “rub gently” not dab like you might with the sponges.
- Dab off a little on scrap paper first. I do this with the sponges anyway.
- When applying ink to your card move in a circular motion with light pressure.
- Hold the brush down towards the brush head.
- If you are sponging the whole card start off the edge of the card and work lightly in.
I hope these tips help. I will put together a video soon sharing some cool ways of using the brushes.
Here is the card from the video. I have used the Dragonfly Garden on the card.
On the Dragonfly I stamped the “solid” wing stamp on the wing outline in Blushing Bride and then coloured just the tip of the wings with the Soft Seafoam Stampin’ Write Marker or you can use the Stampin’ Blends.
The Blending Brushes are available in my store now -> HERE. for $21 AUD
Thanks for visiting today,