So have you checked out the new Occasions Catalogue yet? What do you think?? What is your favourite?
What about Sale-A-Bration?? I couldn’t go past the adorable Party Pandas set. So cute!! I think it is going to be a very popular choice this year. Of course, I had to use this set first. This is one card I made. I just have to show you it.
I call this my Peekaboo Panda card.
This is a Panel card. I will explain how to make it further below.
This is the inside of the card. Not just one Panda! Too cute. 🙂
To create the Panel Card:
1. On the front of the card base: The US standard Card base would measure 5.5″ x 8.5″ folded in half. The Metric size card base is 14.8cm and 21cm folded in half. Cut off at 3cm (approximately 1 1/4″) from the bottom edge. Put that strip aside for later.
2. Again on the card base measure down 3cm (1 1/4″) from the score line. Cut off at the 3cm mark. Put that section away.
3. Cut 2 strips of Designer Series Paper (this one is the Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper), just slightly smaller 2.6cm (approximately 1″) wide and 14.4cm long (In imperial make it slightly smaller the the width of your card base). Adhere these one to the top section of the front of the card base and then one on the small strip that was cut off.
4. The panel for the stamped section is cut to your desired width you like. My piece measures 10.5cm by 6cm (or about 5.5″ x 3″). Stamp your image you like. This is then matted on a slightly larger card piece 6.4cm x 10.5cm (5.5″ x 3 1/4″). I used Daffodil Delight for this. Then I matted this on to another card piece slightly larger again 6.8cm x 10.5cm (5.5″ x 3 1/2). I used Marina Mist for this piece.
5. The first strip you cut off from the base that you set aside lie that down on your card base so the bottom of the strip aligns with the bottom of the back of the card base. You won’t glue this down. Position your stamped piece that you have completed which has been adhered to the coloured card mats. This will be positioned to the left of the card base so the bottom edge lines up with the bottom edge of the card base and the top edge lines up with the top edge of the card base. To adhere this piece you will put adhesive on the back of this stamped panel ONLY at the top and on the bottom.
6. To stamp the Panda in the right position on the inside, lay your Whisper White card mat in place inside. Then mark where the right hand side edge of the panel is in either pencil or just by noting the placement, then open the card base and stamp your Panda in the right place. I will be honest it did take a couple of attempts to get it right as I wanted the Panda to be peeking in the right place. Don’t worry I used those “duds” for other cards which I will share at a later date.
7. Colour your images with markers and add additional stamping where required. For the balloon, I stamped it separately on Daffodil Delight scrap card. Then I cut the balloon and raised it up off the card with Dimensionals.
This is the stamp set Party Pandas if you hadn’t seen it. Isn’t it just the cutest?? AND you can get it for Free with a qualifying order – which is a minimum order of $90.
If you are in Australia and don’t have a current Demonstrator you can order in my store now -> HERE. Please use the Host Code: 3CH4MBHU
Thanks for stopping by. I still have more Panda cards to come.
Have a great weekend,