I know I have been sharing lots of Christmas cards recently but there is still so much gorgeous-ness in the Annual Catalogue. This card I made a few months ago and I realised I hadn’t shared it with you yet. I get lots of comments at my classes about this card.
This card uses the Happy Birthday Thinlits with the Color Theory Paper Stack. You really don’t need much more.
I cut the Happy Birthday out from Black card and also Whisper White. Then adhered them together and slightly off-set them so you see the white from behind. I think the white gives it a little extra POP!.
I adhered the piece from the Color Theory Paper stack to a black mat and then adhered it to the Dapper Denim card base. I stamped the balloon from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous set straight on to the DSP in Dapper Denim. That’s always nerve wracking! Stamp it before you assemble the card in case you make a little mistake. 🙂 Then stamp the balloon again on to scrap White card. The centre “dots” on the balloon were stamped in Soft Sky. The balloon was punched out with the Balloon Bouquet Punch and raised up with Dimensionals. I added a Rhinestone too. Couldn’t resist. 🙂
This would make a good masculine card I think. It is not too tizzy even with the bling.
Thanks for visiting. “See” you again soon,
I have been trying to mix things up a bit with my creating lately. I think I am a little bored with the standard layering of card – on mat – on base, which it seems I do a lot. I saw an idea on Pinterest to angle the Designer Series Paper. So I thought I would have a try at it. The card I CASED you can see HERE.
I will show you my card BUT I am not greatly happy with it. I think the angle is not right, or maybe the Designer Series Paper is too busy, or maybe it’s just the colours??? So I am going to put it out here anyway to show you and maybe you can tell me what you think. It’s good to show you too that sometimes we all struggle with putting our cards together. 🙂
Here is the card anyway.
I really think I need to angle the paper more. I kept adding to the card to see if it would help but I had to stop.
I have used the Delightful Daisy DSP. I cut the Happy Birthday Thinlits twice, once in Daffodil Delight and another in Tranquil Tide and offset them slightly. I thought it was plain so I stamped some flowers from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous set and then added some bling. I also added a doily underneath the white card to see if that helps BUT …
I think I will try this idea again shortly. I will show you later how I get on but I appreciate your comments.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting me for the good, the bad and the ugly. 🙂
I thought I would show you one of the cards we made at Card Class last week. I have been playing with the Happy Birthday Thinlits and Happy Birthday Gorgeous.
This card was CASED from Mary’s blog HERE. I just didn’t add the DSP layer and kept it a little simpler.
I am loving the new Incolors. I have used Berry Burst, Powder Pink and Lemon Lime Twist.
Thanks for visiting,
I have had the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Catalogue for a few weeks now. That’s one of the bonuses as a Demonstrator. 🙂 I thought I would share with you my TOP 5 FAVOURITES from the Catalogue. Yes narrowing it down to just 5! 🙂
Here they are:
1. 2017-2019 Incolors (p184). How can you go past this year’s Incolors. I will have a separate post just on the Incolors but they still had to get a mention here in the TOP 5 count.
The colours are just gorgeous but I think my favourite colour is Lemon Lime Twist. It is so bright and fresh and I think gives life to the other colours.
2. Colorful Seasons Bundle.(p146-147). $92.50AUS I have had so much fun already with this bundle. I think you will love this. The images in the stamp set are so versatile and the sentiments are so inspirational. Watch out for more creations with this Bundle.
3. Happy Birthday Gorgeous. (p76-77) $64.75. Lots of cute flowers and leaves in this stamp set with sentiments in a beautiful font. Mix and match the images to create your projects. The Happy Birthday Thinlit is a great addition for your Big Shot diecutting.
4. This Little Piggy. (p48) $49 W $33 C AUS This cute set had to get a mention. The “Three Little Pigs” Nursery Rhyme was such a favourite with my children ( and maybe me …) I have to get this set. Those piggies are so adorable.
5. Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. (p211) $16 AUS I will be interested to try this Embossing Folder when I get it next week. These Dynamic Embossing Folders have a deeper, more 3D appearance. (if you remember the Cable Knit folder recently??).
So there is my Top 5. What are your favourites??
Want to see a fun Stampin’ Up! video showcasing the great products?
Thanks for stopping by,
Be back soon to tell you all about the Incolors.
VIEW THE CATALOGUE NOW ONLINE HERE.