With a new catalogue very soon I don’t often like to share projects with new products quite yet. You know, there are still so many lovely products that we have in our current catalogue to use. BUT, well I had to make this card – and share it with you right now. It’s just such a cute set I couldn’t help myself.
This new set is the Animal Outing set. So darn cute! And it is nice to see some Aussie animals. So these animals had to take a selfie. 🙂
I stamped out the images and then coloured them with the Watercolor Pencils. For the sky (which I think could have been a little darker on looking at it now), I lightly brushed over a clear block with the Aquapainter to wet it, then coloured on the block with the Pacific Point pencil. Then picked up the colour with the Aquapainter and washed over the background. I have to say these were the second images I coloured. For the first ones I coloured the images then the background with the Pacific Point pencil and lightly and washed over it. I wasn’t happy with how streaky it looked. So I redid the whole image. For the second time I coloured the sky first before the animals so I didn’t waste all that time … 🙂
Just a tip too when colouring: Lightly colour your images first with your chosen colour and lightly brush over with the Aquapainter. Leave it to dry and then go over parts of the image with the pencil adding highlights. It is much more effective. Also, Shimmery White card is the best for watercolouring I think. Watercolor Paper can be used but it is a lot more textured.
From another piece of card (9cm x 10cm) I cut a square from the centre using I think the 3rd largest square Framelits from the Layering Squares Framelits. I adhered the coloured piece behind it. On a card mat ( I used Pumpkin Pie on one and Old Olive on the other) I embossed those pieces with the Layering Leaves Embossing Folder. Tie around some Linen Thread and adhere this to your card base.
OK, I will get back to some of the awesome current products we have – and they are retiring very soon.
Hope your weekend is going great and you are having time to create.
I have been having lots of fun playing with the Brusho Crystal Colours lately. I will show you some of the projects over the next week or 2 but today I want to tell you about this week’s class for the local Peeps. And I have a special offer for the Brushos this week whether you come to the class or not.
BRUSHO MAGIC CLASS
The Brusho Crystal Colours are magical to work with. Just add water and you have incredible backgrounds and colours.
This weekend’s class we will be creating magic. These are the 2 cards we will make.
Along with these 2 fun cards we are making we will try out a few more ways to use them.
All materials included. Bring your own scissors and adhesives.
Friday 9th February 10am
Saturday 10th February 2pm.
WHERE: East Corrimal. (address given when you reply).
RSVP: Wednesday 7th February.
BRUSHOS WEEKEND SPECIAL.
For next weekend only (available if you come to the class or not) Receive 15% off the price. RRP is $52 Take off $7.80 Weekend price = $44.20 (+S&H). This is for Australian residents only. Special not available in store. Contact me directly.
Places are limited for class so let me know ASAP.
Have a great week,
I have had the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Catalogue for a few weeks now. That’s one of the bonuses as a Demonstrator. 🙂 I thought I would share with you my TOP 5 FAVOURITES from the Catalogue. Yes narrowing it down to just 5! 🙂
Here they are:
1. 2017-2019 Incolors (p184). How can you go past this year’s Incolors. I will have a separate post just on the Incolors but they still had to get a mention here in the TOP 5 count.
The colours are just gorgeous but I think my favourite colour is Lemon Lime Twist. It is so bright and fresh and I think gives life to the other colours.
2. Colorful Seasons Bundle.(p146-147). $92.50AUS I have had so much fun already with this bundle. I think you will love this. The images in the stamp set are so versatile and the sentiments are so inspirational. Watch out for more creations with this Bundle.
3. Happy Birthday Gorgeous. (p76-77) $64.75. Lots of cute flowers and leaves in this stamp set with sentiments in a beautiful font. Mix and match the images to create your projects. The Happy Birthday Thinlit is a great addition for your Big Shot diecutting.
4. This Little Piggy. (p48) $49 W $33 C AUS This cute set had to get a mention. The “Three Little Pigs” Nursery Rhyme was such a favourite with my children ( and maybe me …) I have to get this set. Those piggies are so adorable.
5. Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. (p211) $16 AUS I will be interested to try this Embossing Folder when I get it next week. These Dynamic Embossing Folders have a deeper, more 3D appearance. (if you remember the Cable Knit folder recently??).
So there is my Top 5. What are your favourites??
Want to see a fun Stampin’ Up! video showcasing the great products?
Thanks for stopping by,
Be back soon to tell you all about the Incolors.
VIEW THE CATALOGUE NOW ONLINE HERE.