I have had this idea in my head for a while now so I had to just do it!! I wanted to create a little box using the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.
I have used the Sale-A-Bration ‘Sweet Sorbet’ DSP. I know Sale-A-Bration is done with BUT I HAD TO USE IT!!! I used the new Spiral Flower Die that has just come in to my possession. I am having fun with that little die 🙂 I have seen the twine loops around the blogosphere and wanted to have a go with making them. It was a bit tricky at first as I didn’t know what I was doing but I think I worked it out in the end. The leaves are from the 2-step Bird Punch.
I wanted to share the Tutorial with you to make your own little box (AND it is in Metric AND Imperial)
SCALLOP TAG TOPPER BOX
Card – 29.5cm x 21cm.
Along the long side score at 7cm, 14cm, 21cm and 28cm.
Along the short side, score at 7cm and 14cm.
DSP for wrapper – 3.5cm x 29.5cm.
Imperial (Finished size for this one will be slightly taller than the Metric box. There is a photo below showing the difference in size).
Card – 8 ½” x 11”.
Along the long side score at 2 ½”, 5”, 7 ½” and 10”. (Trim ½” off on the small tab section so there is not so much excess to adhere down).
Along the short side, score at 2 ½” x 6”.
DSP for wrapper – 1 ¼” x 11”.
DIRECTIONS TO ASSEMBLE THE BOX FOR BOTH METRIC AND IMPERIAL.
1. After you have cut your card to size and scored it. Cut off the small tabs, one at the top and one at the bottom leaving the middle section.
2. Punch out each tab on the long side using the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. To do this slide the first scored section into the Punch. You will need to wiggle it gently in under the punch. Centre it in the punch. I line up the card section between the rectangle on the top of the punch and then punch.
3. Gently slide the card along to the next scored section. Line it up in the same way and punch out again. Repeat this for the next 2 sections. Trim off the excess card between each punched section.
4. Cut up each score line at the bottom until it meets the horizontal score line.
5. Fold on each of the score lines. Fold over the top Scalloped section and adhere down with Sticky Strip.
6. Add Sticky Strip to the small tab at the side on the right side of the card.
7. Assemble by folding the scored lines in to form a box shape and adhere together onto the side tab.
8. Add Sticky Strip to the bottom tabs and adhere down.
9. Adhere the Wrapper around the box and decorate as you would like.
I made another version using DSP (Sweet Sorbet again!). This one was using the Imperial measurements.
This is slightly larger than the Metric version. You can see them in the photo together below.
Enjoy making your own. 🙂