I have had a couple of great classes yesterday and today. Lots of fun and chatter and creating. We have a good time at class. If you are local you will just have to come sometime.
These are the cards we made. Creating an Eclipse Christmas card with Carols of Christmas, a sweet one with Brightly Lit and a fun Half-Fold card with Merry Patterns. Everyone loved them. 🙂
I don’t often show the “how-to” of my class cards on my blog but I wanted to show you this one. I have seen a few Half Fold cards on Pinterest lately and wanted to try this card AND as we only have a couple of weeks left for the Merry Patterns I thought it would be good to give this an ink.
So for you to make your own here are the details. Of course, you could substitute any stamps and paper.
CREATING A HALF FOLD CARD
1. Whether you are using the Metric or imperial measurements it doesn’t matter the idea is the same. Take your standard base card (for this one I used Old Olive) and score at the half way mark on the long side. (For metric the base card is 14.8cm x 21cm. Score on the long side at 10.5).
2. On your score line cut down half way. Then cut across on the front of the card base from where you finished your cut on the score line to the edge of the card.
3. The piece that you have cut off becomes your card mat for the front image. Cut a piece of Whisper White just slightly smaller than the card mat. (For metric that measures 10.1cm x 7cm).
4. Cut a piece of Whisper White for the inside of your card just slightly smaller than the inside card base.
5. Stamp and Decorate your card as you like. The Designer Series Paper for this card is from the Merry Little Christmas pack.
I hope this makes sense. Please ask if you are unsure.
PS. Only 2 weeks left to get your Merry Patterns set with qualifying parties/orders of a minimum of $450. Be sure to book your event soon or place your order so you can grab your set.