I had a special request from a friend for a Housewarming card and the people LOVE Meerkats. They have received it now so I can share this with you.
I wanted something a little different but I don’t have any “housewarming” type greetings. I thought the Well Written Dies would work ok.
I made a Tent Card with The Gang’s All Meer stamp set from Sale-A-Bration. Now I realise that this is a little tropical for the meerkats BUT I just thought it worked ok and kinda cute. So just roll with it for me. 🙂
This is the front on view.
Side on View.
I have made a few versions of the tent card over the years but I have the tutorial again for the Tent card below.
The meerkats were stamped on Whisper White card and coloured with the Stampin’ Blends. I fussy cut them out. TIP: Just leave a little white border when you fussy cut. It’s softer on they eyes.
When I cut and scored the Old Olive card I adhered a piece of the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper on the front panel and diecut it with the Scallop Circle from the Layering CIrcles Dies. This cut out piece was then adhered inside the card.
The Palm tree was stamped from the Timeless Tropical Stamp set. I shared this tip in a recent video. But to create the different colours on the palm tree you could colour it with your Markers But I stamped 2 trees, one in Old Olive and one in Early Espresso. Then I cut off the palm leaves of the Old Olive one and adhered it straight on top of the Early Espresso one.
The welcome was diecut from the Well Written Dies and adhered on to the front with the cute standing Meerkat. Of course finished with a Tropical Oasis Trinkets.
TENT CARD TUTORIAL
1. Cut your base card to measure 10.5cm x 29.5cm. (4 1/4″ x 11 5/8″)
2. Score on the long side at 2.5cm, 5cm, 7.5cm, 18.5cm. (1″, 2″, 3″, 7 1/4″). Fold on the score lines.
3. Cut your window from the front using the die of your choice.
4. Add adhesive onto the small tab and adhere to the inside of your folded card at the back. (Just fold up the card first to work out the best place for your adhesive). I had the tab to attach to the back of the card so you can’t see it inside the front).
5. If you wish to add a piece of card inside for stamping as an alternative, cut a piece of Whisper White 11cm x 10.5cm. (4 1/4″ x 4 5/16″). I used a piece of white card this size for on the back of the Tent Card for writing your message on too.
Have fun creating it,