I showed you the little beach house yesterday. I have to show you this house though. When I started making these houses I thought they were cute but it would be good to be a little bigger. So the house underwent an extension.
Here is my extended version. I will explain the “how-to” below.
On this house I cut the house in Thick Whisper White and stamped the Hardwood Background stamp in Smoky Slate. The roof is Mint Macaron and the windows and door frames are in Basic Gray.
I did cut the door out but I think next time I won’t worry about this. It tends not to stay shut but then you could sneak one of those Hershey Kisses out! This size actually fits 24 Kisses in.
HOW TO EXTEND YOUR HOME SWEET HOME HOUSE:
1. Cut 2 house pieces from the Home Sweet Home Thinlits. To save card you will only need to cut the front/back of the house section so the one with the peak leaving a small tab around each side. With the same colour card you will need 2 pieces cut at 10cm x 6cm (4″x 2 3/8″). Score at 1cm and 7cm (Score at 3/8″ and 2 3/4″)
2. Stamp or decorate your pieces as you like before assembling. Also, cut your door and windows. TIP: Before cutting your windows, mark a line in pencil across the card piece then line up the bottom edge of your window Framelit on the pencil line to be sure that the pieces are level.
3. Fold on all the score lines and assemble together. Consider where you want to be able to open your house to get the treats. On mine although I had the door cut I had the bottom open. I just used Glue dots to stick it together temporarily.
To assemble add your adhesive on the side tabs of the front and back of the house. I used Fast Fuse but you can use Tear and Tape or other adhesive. Adhere one side wall piece to the tab on the front of the house piece and one side wall to the other tab on the front of the house. Do this by lining up the top score line of the side of the house to the top of the tab piece if that makes sense. The bottom score line should line up with the bottom of the front tab.
Adhere the back of the house to the other wall piece. If you wish to have the back opening then just add adhesive to only one tab.
4. For the roof: Cut your card to 7 cm x 9cm. Score 4.5cm. (2 3/4″x 3 1/2″ Score at 1 3/4″)
Emboss your piece with the Brick Embossing Folder checking that the “bricks” line up the right way on your card. That is that they run across. Line up the score line of the card with an edge of the brick wall.
Place adhesive to the top tabs of the front/back house piece and also on the top tab on the side walls. Line up the “roof” piece with the top of the house and adhere together.
5. Now decorate to your little hearts content. 🙂 The options are endless really. With this size you can fit so many treats. As I had mentioned I was able to fit 24 Hershey Kisses. Unfortunately I didn’t have any Ferrero Rochers on hand. That would be interesting to see how many can fit. That’s for another day. 🙂
Have you been making Tiny Houses? I would love to see them. Why not drop me a comment with a link for us all to check out.
Thanks for visiting.
Have a great weekend. It’s a long weekend here so I am not sure what is in store.