I have a little sneak peek for you today. Very soon the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalogue will be Live. September 1st to be exact. You are going to L.O.V.E. it! I tell you there are so many exciting new products it is going to be hard to choose. I am having a hard time to choose myself!
Have to say though when I first saw our sneak peek I just loved the cute little gingerbread in the Cookie Cutter Christmas set. It was the first on my list – and the first thing to play with the other day when my preorder arrived. It has the stamp set AND the matching punch. It makes it so easy to cut those gingerbread and the other characters out.
So here is the card I made, because I couldn’t wait until later in the month. 🙂
This is a Z-Fold card which you might have seen a bit around recently. I have been waiting to try one of these folds and I thought the Gingerbread were just the thing to use.
I thought the corner looked a little plain so I created a little Holly leaves and berries using the NEW Holly Berry Builder Punch.
This is the card when it is folded flat.
Have you tried a Z-Fold card before?? There are a number of tutorials around the internet and some vary in size. I based mine on Amanda’s version (craftyspa) HERE. You will find that Amanda’s tutorial makes 2 card bases from one sheet of cardstock. That’s OK if you want to do multiple cards or you are using the same colour card base for different cards.
I adjusted the measurements a little and have them in Metric and Imperial for you if you wish to create just one card.
Square Z-Fold Card Tutorial (Based on Amanda Bates – Craftyspa)
* This makes one card.
1. Cut card t0 21cm x 13cm for your card base. (8 1/4″ x 5 1/8″)
2. On the long side score your card at 5.2cm and 10cm (2 1/16″ and 4 1/8″).
3. On the short side, cut your card at 10.5cm. The thin strip you cut off will be your band.
*Doing it this way by cutting your card after you have scored saves you scoring the little strip. 🙂
4. Cut your Designer Series Paper – I have used the new ‘Candy Cane Lane DSP. You will need 2 pieces: 4.8cm x 10.1cm (1 7/8″ x 4″) and 10.1cm x 10.1cm ( 4″ x 4″)
Plus a piece of Whisper White piece: 5.1cm x 10.1cm (2″ x 4″).
5. Adhere your Designer Series Paper pieces to each end sections. Stamp your Whisper White piece with a sentiment as you like and then adhere that to the centre section.
6. To attach your band please take note of where to place adhesive. You don’t want to run adhesive along the whole length. Place your card base down open and flat on the tabletop. Lay down the strip on to the card halfway down the card. Work out where you want to place your adhesive. I find it helps to mark in pencil where to place it. You will want to place adhesive on the back of your strip just where it rests on the front section not where it lays on the white section. Then on the back of the strip on the last section. I hope that makes sense??
Hope these instructions are helpful to make your own Z-Fold card.
Why not share your version with me.