It is my Mother-in-Law’s 90th birthday today. We had a small family get together yesterday. I thought I would show you the card I made for her. She had put in a request for it to be in Berry Burst, her new favourite colour. The pressure was on as she expected a grand creation! I hope it made the grade. There were lots of Oohs! and WOW! so I think I might have made the grade. 🙂
I think this is my new favourite stamp set – Oh! So Eclectic! I have made quite a few creations with this recently which I will get to show you soon. The sentiment is from Happy Birthday Gorgeous.
This card took me about 1/2 hour to create as I have had so much going on this week. It’s the fun Square Z-fold Cards which I have made a standard one recently. (See that HERE). I will share all the instructions further below.
I wasn’t sure if diecutting the diamond pattern in the side would make it too flimsy but I thought I would try it. It worked fine and gives it a little more WOW! The Designer Series Paper is the Color Theory Paper Stack.
SQUARE Z-FOLD CARD
Original Z-fold card is from Amanda Bates HERE. I have slightly different measurements so thought I would share them with you. These are in Metric. If you are wanting Imperial measurements then rather than me converting them and ending up with lots of “sixteenth” measurements, then head to Amanda’s blog post in that link and follow those directions.
There are 2 pieces to this card.
1. Card Base:
Cut card 14.8cm x 29.7cm. Score on the long side at 7.4cm and 14.8cm.
Designer Series Paper:
Front Panel: 7cm x 14.4cm Back Panel: 14.4cm x 14.4cm
2. Inner Card:
Cut card 10.5cm x 21cm. Score on the long side at 5.2cm and 10.5cm.
Whisper White Card:
Front: 10.1cm x 10.1cm Back: 4.8cm x 10.1cm
To Assemble your Card
1. Take your Inner Card piece and cut the Diamond pattern from the Eclectic Layers Thinlits set on your middle panel.
2. Stamp your Whisper White card pieces as you like. I have used the Oh! So Eclectic stamp set. Adhere these to the Inner Card piece.
3. Adhere your Designer Series Paper Pieces to the Card base.
4. Take your Inner card piece and on the front panel section (left hand end), place adhesive on ONLY HALF of the panel at the back. Place that in position on your card base. ** I used the Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive as this gives you a little time to wiggle the piece around in place if need be.
5. Then on the Right Hand end of the Inner card piece, place adhesive at the back. Carefully fold up the card on the score lines as it should fold. Close the card and allow the piece to fall in to place where it should sit. Once in position press firmly to adhere.
Hope this is easy to follow. Please ask if you have any further questions.
Thanks for stopping by,